Full time temp to hire position with a local garbage company. The route you would be working on is recycling route so you will drive as well as load the truck. Typical hours are Monday to Saturday from 5:30am to 3:00pm. Holidays you would have off are Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Perform safety checks, pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure saf operating conditions
- Refuel trucks and add fluids as needed
- Ensure compliance with company policies, safety and maintenance procedures
- Complete any needed reports for defective equipment
- Drive to disposal sites to empty trucks
- Drive trucks along established routes through residential streets, alleys and business areas
- Operate automated or semi-automated hoisting devices that raise refuse bins and dump contents into openings in truck bodies
- Dismount truck to collect garbage and remount the truck to ride to next collection
- Communicate with dispatchers concerning delays, unsafe routes, accidents and equipment breakdowns.
- Driver must pass DOT physical and drug screen
- Driver must meet Motor Vehicle Records standards set by company
- Driver must possess a minimum Class B CDL
- Ability to operate trucks and other equipment as needed
- Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending depending on the material and collection vehicle type
- Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.